In order to lose weight you need to eat healthy foods and include physical activity regularly.It is important to maintain a healthy weight as it plays an important role in maintaining health and wellness. Studies have shown that being overweight or obese increases the risk of health problems like heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, and stroke.
A calorie is a unit of energy obtained from all the foods and beverages. Carbohydrates, fats, proteins and sugars contain calories.
Here are some tips to maintain your weight:
• Eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains and fat free dairy products.
• Eat protein rich sources like lean chicken, fish, eggs, dals, beans, legumes, soy and nuts.
• Cut down on trans fats, saturated fats, added sugars and salt.
• Be physically active.
• Have smaller meals at regular timings.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Have healthy snacks instead of junk and unhealthy food.
• Avoid skipping of meals.
Making lifestyle changes along with eating healthy and being active is the key to successful weight management.